Flash Fiction: Feline Frenzy

Here is a goofy cat story to brighten your Friday:

Feline Frenzy

By Sara Codair

I see you thought the kitten as it skulked toward the cheesecake.

The cheesecake didn’t say anything back. The kitten took that as a sign that the cheesecake didn’t see him. Just to be safe, he crouched a little lower to the ground. He didn’t walk straight towards the cheesecake, but took a drunken path, zigzagging across the room, hiding behind every obstacle he came across before he reached the table.

He stared up at his prize – just a little further. He wiggled his behind, ready to pounce, when he heard a faint buzzing. Looking around, he spotted a fly hovering near a porcelain vase.

Turning in a circle, he wiggled again, adjusting his angle, and leapt towards the fly. It zipped upwards seconds before his paws crushed it. He leapt again, landing on the end table, knocking the vase over as he sprung towards the curtains. Up and up he climbed until he was level with the fly, which was resting on the ceiling.

He threw himself off the curtains. His paw grazed a smooth carapace before they both tumbled down, landing smack in the middle of the cheesecake. The kitten ate the fly in one bite, then proceeded to lick the cheesecake until his little belly was full.

©2016 Sara Codair

No Comments

1. Artemis on May 27, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Very cute. Has your kitty ever come close to this level of crazy? (Also, why not include some of the obstacles he dodges on his way to the cheesecake?)

2. Sara on May 27, 2016 at 3:10 pm

More or less, yes. He hasn’t landed in a cheese cake, but he does like to climb my windows in pursuit of bugs, knock things over, and hide behind obstacles before he pounces. 🙂

3. Sheila M. Good, Author on May 28, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Cute story. Congratulations on taking 2nd place in the WOW Winter 2016 contest. That’s quite an accomplishment, and I loved your story. Personally, I would have given it 1st place.
    @sheilamgood at Cow Pasture Chronicles

• Sara on May 29, 2016 at 12:26 am

Thank you!

4. Marc-André on May 30, 2016 at 10:30 pm

I run a weekly post called Purrsday poetry. If you’d like I can re blog this on there at some point? 🙂

• Sara on May 30, 2016 at 10:31 pm

That would be awesome!

• Sara on May 30, 2016 at 10:34 pm

I just checked out your website! Your cats are adorable! And I love the way you do reviews with photos of the cats using the product and just enough text to make your point.

• Marc-André on May 31, 2016 at 7:05 am

Awwww thank you :). I run the blog with a bunch of my friends and a lot of guest contributors hehe.

If you’d like to submit any stories relating to cats in general you’d be most welcome. ^^